Saturday, June 22, 2013

Can you believe I'm blogging again after a 5-year hiatus, Amber???

Hi.

Wow.

Finally remembered my username and password for this blog account so I can blog again.

Not too much to say.

Got into horse-racing after seeing a phenomenal documentary on ESPN about the jockey Chris Antley and how he almost won the triple-crown on a horse named Charismatic in 1999.

For TV shows, I enjoy Lucille Ball's second major sit-come "The Lucy Show."

For movies, the Alfred Hitchcock movies are really good.  Just watched "Vertigo" again recently.

For music, I've been into the Cranberries.

oh my gosh now i realize that i want to take the opportunity to discuss my life for real right now.  i actually kind of don't like it.  i work at target and it stinks and i make no money.

but i should be looking at God and not my problems.  there is no problem so big that God cannot solve it.

Okay, I feel better now. 

but, my dad is getting old and cannot think as clearly as he used to so we have to explain things to him over and over and i need to pray for patience to be compassionate towards him and not nasty.

The Carpenters are still good but I've listened to absolutely everything they've recorded a hundred and fifty-five billion times.

same thing with 2nd Chapter of Acts.

I've been getting back into Suzanne Vega but i think her Mitchell-Froom produced albums are just not going to glow as brightly anymore since she had that nasty divorce from him.  Glad she's happily remarried but still, that casts a pall on those albums.

Looking forward to the Brian Wilson bio-pic starring Paul Dano.

Got into Annie Lennox again briefly before realizing that her two major solo albums from the 90's really are way too synthy and in not a good way.  Too bad. 

On Youtube, i saw a fabulous video for Swing out Sister "Stone Soul Picnic" which comes from a new live concert cd/dvd they released.  I'd like to get that. 

I recorded a three-song project which will be coming out soon.  And, i sing with my church's worship group.  tomorrow i sing alone because Pastor Dave is on vacation. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home