Sunday, February 03, 2008

Alice back from Looking Glass Land

Hi anyone and everyone who ever read my blog,

I'm back from Looking Glass Land now!!!  It took a while for me to figure out how to change my blog account over to a google account.  Plus, I changed jobs and don't work at the fun world of Borders anymore.  But, I'll try to pull something interesting out of my butt for y'all.  


What was 2007 like for me in the world of music and movies?  New David Lynch movie "Inland Empire" -- AWESOME.  Edith Piaf biopic "La Vie En Rose" starring Marion Cotillard -- AWESOME.  Latest Rasputina album "Oh Perilous World" -- By far the best new CD of 2007.  Pick it up, people!!!  I got into the Fiery Furnaces.  They are awesome.  Their new album "Widow City" is decent, but their masterpiece is the 2004 album "Blueberry Boat."  I also got into Latin Pop last year.  For a while it looked like Olga Tanon (please mentally put a tilda over the middle 'n' in her last name) would be my favorite singer in this genre, but then I discovered Elvis Crespo and I like him even better.  His 2007 album "Regreso El Jefe" is pop perfection.


What about 2008 so far?  Well, I saw the new Paul Thomas Anderson movie "There Will Be Blood" and I think it is brilliant.  I just picked up the new recording of Vivaldi's "Four Seasons" with Sarah Chang and the Orpheus Chamber Orchestra.  I'll be rooting for Daniel Day-Lewis and Marion Cotillard for best Actor Oscars this year.  Plus, I'd like to see Stephan Lambiel kick Evan Lysacek's butt at the World Championships of Figure Skating in March, but if Johnny Weir wins, that's okay, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home